If you are a member of the press and have questions about Bethany Village, its healthcare and wellness initiatives, residents, or would like a tour of the campus, please contact Stephanie Lightfoot, director of sales and marketing, at 717-591-8068.
Bethany Village Fact Sheet
1. Established in 1964, Bethany Village is part of Asbury, the 15th largest not-for-profit system of continuing care retirement communities in the United States, operating five communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma. It offers a vibrant retirement lifestyle paired with a secure plan for the future.
2. Bethany Village is the first CCRC in Central Pennsylvania and the second in the state to be licensed as an Assisted Living Residence (ALR) by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging.
3. Approximately 700 residents age 55 plus live in Bethany Village.
4. Many of Bethany Village’s approximately 320 employees work in hospitality-related or health-care positions.
5. Bethany Village generates annual revenues of approximately $27.5 million, which includes earnings on investments as well as contributions and fees generated from residents.
6. Residents in the community have access to the Asbury Foundation’s Benevolent Care program, which provides support for residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own. Since its founding, Bethany Village has never asked a resident to leave due to inability to pay.
7. The campus includes 258 apartment homes, 142 villas, 100 memory support and personal care suites, and 69 skilled-care suites, both private and shared.
8. Bethany Village’s residential living options include 19 floor plans with a wide range of prices and entrance fees. All residences offer maintenance-free living.
9. The 24-hour skilled care center is Medicare- and Medicaid-certified, with priority access for Bethany Village residents and direct admission available to those coming from area hospitals and rehabilitation centers.
10. Located in Mechanicsburg, Bethany Village’s 155-acre campus includes a pool and fitness center, resident gardens, walking trails, disc golf and mini-golf courses and an outdoor garden train. Other amenities include a post office, wood shop, pharmacy, clinic, chapel, billiards room, three dining venues, barber and beauty shop, computer room and bank.
11. Each year, many community residents participate in the Bethany Games, a version of the National Senior Games, competing in areas such as swimming, water volleyball, badminton, disc golf, and cycling.
12. All Asbury campuses utilize the HealthAbility lifestyle program, where residents work with associates to develop a plan based on six components of wellness — physical, intellectual, spiritual, vocational, emotional and social.