If you are a member of the press and have questions about Bethany Village, its residents or would like a tour of the campus, please contact Eric Anderson, Director of Communications, Asbury Communities, at 301-250-2057.
1. Established in 1964, Bethany Village is a Mechanicsburg, Pa.-based continuing care retirement community that offers a vibrant retirement lifestyle paired with a secure plan for the future.
2. Bethany Village is part of Asbury, the 17th largest not-for-profit system of continuing care retirement communities in the United States, operating eight communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma and Tennessee. In 2015, Asbury held $88.4 million in reserves and posted net operating revenues of $189 million.
3. Approximately 650 residents age 55 plus live in Bethany Village.
4. Many of Bethany Village’s approximately 320 employees work in hospitality-related or health-care positions.
5. Residents in the community have access to the Asbury Foundation’s Benevolent Care program, which provides financial support for residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own.
6. The campus includes 249 apartment homes, 142 cottages, 100 assisted living and 30 memory support suites, and 69 skilled-care suites, both private and shared.
7. Bethany Village’s residential living options include 19 floor plans with a wide range of prices and entrance fees. All residences offer maintenance-free living.
8. The 24-hour skilled care center is Medicare- and Medicaid-certified, with priority access for Bethany Village residents and direct admission available to those coming from area hospitals and rehabilitation centers. Bethany Village is the first CCRC in Central Pennsylvania and the second in the state to be licensed as an Assisted Living Residence (ALR) by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging. Asbury Home Services provides personal care services for residents.
9. Bethany Village’s 184-acre campus includes a pool and fitness center, resident gardens, walking trails, disc golf and mini-golf courses and an outdoor garden train. Other amenities include a post office, wood shop, pharmacy, clinic, chapel, billiards room, three dining venues, barber and beauty shop, computer room and bank.
All Asbury Communities’ campuses utilize a multi-dimensional wellness program focusing on six components; physical, intellectual, spiritual, vocational, emotional and social.
10. Each year, many community residents participate in the Bethany Games, a version of the National Senior Games, competing in areas such as swimming, water volleyball, badminton, disc golf, and cycling.